Bulldogs pitchers dominate in sweep
The McLouth High softball team’s pitchers dominated on Wednesday at Pleasant Ridge, in Easton, helping the Bulldogs improve their win streak to six games.
MHS won convincingly, in five innings, in both games of a doubleheader, taking the first game, 15-0, and the second contest, 12-0.
Senior McLouth Pitcher Kaley Patterson threw her second no-hitter in a row (Patterson threw a perfect game last week against Atchison) and would have had her second straight perfect game had she not hit a PRHS batter in the fifth inning of Game 1.
Still, Patterson struck out 12 at Pleasant Ridge, hasn’t allowed a hit since the second inning of the Bulldogs’ season opener against Perry-Lecompton and has given up just two hits in 19 innings of work this season.
Kendra Leach was nearly as dominant in the pitching circle for McLouth (6-0) on Wednesday, relinquishing just one hit in five innings while fanning 13 PRHS batters.
MHS is back on the diamond at 4:30 p.m. Thursday for a road twinbill at Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Kansas governor promoting corrections programs with tour
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders