Chieftains soccer finally scores in 7-2 home loss
Tonganoxie High’s girls soccer team lost its sixth straight match Monday at home against Piper, but finally got on the scoreboard for the first time this season in a 7-2 setback.
Freshman Emily Soetaert scored the Chieftains’ first goal of the season in the first minute after she and senior forward Ashley Kotowske applied pressure on a Piper defender and took the ball away.
THS (0-6), down 3-1 at half, scored again in the second half, when another freshman, Alissa Donnelly, put the ball in the back of the net.
Tonganoxie is back in action at 6 p.m. Tuesday with a road match against Bishop Ward, in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown