Chieftains soccer finally scores in 7-2 home loss
Tonganoxie High’s girls soccer team lost its sixth straight match Monday at home against Piper, but finally got on the scoreboard for the first time this season in a 7-2 setback.
Freshman Emily Soetaert scored the Chieftains’ first goal of the season in the first minute after she and senior forward Ashley Kotowske applied pressure on a Piper defender and took the ball away.
THS (0-6), down 3-1 at half, scored again in the second half, when another freshman, Alissa Donnelly, put the ball in the back of the net.
Tonganoxie is back in action at 6 p.m. Tuesday with a road match against Bishop Ward, in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics
- University of Kansas student leaders outline diversity plan
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings