Wear your red, white and blue and wave your flags. McLouth's 13th Annual Patriots Day Parade and Celebration will be Saturday in downtown McLouth starting with pancakes from 8-10 a.m. at the Fire Station; Health Fair at McLouth Medical Clinic, 8 a.m. to noon; garage sales; vendors; homemade ice cream; McLouth Library's basket raffle, bake sale, taste table, cookbook sale; children's pony rides and petting zoo; craft booths; military memorabilia display; children's parade (all children 12 years and younger) begins at 11 a.m.; McLouth Kiwanis will serve lunch. The main parade, led by Fort Riley Mounted Color Guard, begins at 1 p.m. All Veterans are welcome to ride on the Veterans' Trolley.
• McLouth High School National Honor Society students will be special guests of the McLouth Friendship Club. This is a wonderful opportunity to become acquainted with these outstanding and promising students. The covered dish luncheon will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Community Center. All adults 50 and older are welcome. Please bring extra food to share so we'll have plenty, and your table service.
• Five McLouth community churches invite you to attend Holy Week services during the week before Easter: April 17 through April 22. For decades, it has been a tradition for McLouth's churches to rotate worship services. Palm Sunday through Good Friday, an evening service will take place at one of the five churches. The pastors will also rotate. We'll celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection together at the community Easter sunrise service.
All evening services begin at 7 p.m.
Palm Sunday, Church of the Nazarene; Monday, United Methodist Church; Tuesday, Stanwood Friends Church (about four miles southeast of McLouth off Kansas Highway 16); Wednesday, April 20, Springdale Friends Church (nine miles northeast of McLouth off K-92); Maundy Thursday, April 21, Church of the Nazarene; Good Friday, April 22, First Baptist Church; 6:30 a.m. Easter Sunday, April 24, sunrise service, First Baptist Church (breakfast to follow).
All of McLouth's churches will have their traditional Easter Worship services.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park