Health advisory issued near Basehor
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) is issuing a health advisory to residents living near Hog Creek due to a discharge from a dairy waste retention structure near 158 Street and Kansas Avenue near Basehor, Kansas in Leavenworth County. This health advisory extends to those portions of Hog Creek between 158 Street and Kansas Avenue, and 171 Street and Parallel.
The discharge to the stream has been stopped and is being monitored.
KDHE advises individuals to have no contact with Hog Creek between the locations identified above until further notice. Residents are also advised to keep their pets and livestock from making contact with the water.
KDHE will be conducting follow up water testing on Hog Creek to determine when this notice can be lifted.
For more information, contact the KDHE Bureau of Water at (785) 296-5500.
More like this story
- Kansas changing notification for vehicle tag renewals
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row