Neighbor: Sondra Sparks
Occupation: Kindergarten teacher, Tonganoxie Elementary School
Family: Husband, Derek
Place of birth: Emporia
Q: When did you move to the area, and what brought you here?
My husband and I moved to Tonganoxie in June 2009 to be closer to family.
Q: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
I am not much of a risk-taker. I like to play it safe.
Q: What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
Live, laugh and love.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
I grew up in Council Grove; I played four years of college softball; and I enjoy playing co-ed softball with my husband and friends.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
Q: What's your ideal vacation spot?
Anywhere that is warm and close to the beach.
Song: “Everything” by Michael Buble
More like this story
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Open-records advocates decry Kansas effort to curtail public access to police reports
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Kansas lawmakers to reopen debate over police body cameras
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape