Farm Service Agency deadlines set for May, June
Norma McConkey, Jefferson/Leavenworth/Wyandotte County Executive Director of USDA’s Farm Service Agency reminds producers of the following program deadlines.
• June 1 — Final date to enroll in the 2011 Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) Program and the Direct and Counter-cyclical Program (DCP).
• May 31 – Final date to request a marketing assistance loan or loan deficiency payment for 2010-crop cotton, feed grains, soybeans, and minor oilseeds.
• May 31 – Final date to report small grain acreages.
• July 29 – Final date to apply for 2009 Supplement Revenue Assistance Program (SURE).
Producers with livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather must file a Notice of Loss within 30 days of when loss is apparent. Proper documentation of loss must be provided.
Livestock Forage Program may be implemented in counties affected by drought during the normal grazing period.
On-going programs include Direct and Guaranteed Farm Operating and Farm Ownership Loans, Rural Youth Loans, Farm Storage Facility Loans, Milk Income Loss Contract Program, and Continuous Conservation Reserve Program.
For more information please contact the FSA county office at the local USDA Service Center or visit www.fsa.usda.gov.
More like this story
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board