Current, former Chieftains compete at Kansas Relays
Pistora takes 1st place in women’s javelin
Both current and former Tonganoxie High track athletes were in action this past weekend at the Kansas Relays in Lawrence.
The big winner from Tonganoxie at the annual Kansas University track meet was Ali Pistora, who throws the javelin at Kansas State. Pistora, a KSU senior, set a personal record and took first place in the women’s javelin event with a throw of 170-11.
Another former Chieftain, Wichita State freshman DJ Lindsay, ran at Memorial Stadium. Lindsay was part of the 4x400 relay team from WSU that finished sixth in the finals.
The THS girls sent two of their field athletes to the Kansas Relays. Sophomore Jenny Whitledge finished 11th in the high jump and 12th in long jump. Senior Domino Grizzle placed 12th in shot put.
Friday and Saturday at Memorial Stadium, Lawrence
4x400 relay — 6. Wichita State — DJ Lindsay, Tavaris Thomas, Ethan Wilkins, Anthony Lieghio, 3:15.68.
Javelin — 1. Ali Pistora, 170-11.
High jump — 11. Jenny Whitledge, 5-2.
Long jump — 12. Jenny Whitledge, 16-9.25.
Shot put — 12. Domino Grizzle, 36-2.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie Days: Focusing on the festival
- Tonganoxie Public Library presenting Celtic performance at the Jewel on Main
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals