Tonganoxie Community Historical Society Saturday will present "A Look Back In Time" from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 30, featuring a quilt show and many activities of interest from the 1800s. Bob and Alfreda Ryan will play with the “Tonganoxie Pickers” at 1 p.m. The group consists of musicians from Tonganoxie, McLouth, Leavenworth, Ottawa, Olathe, Ozawkie, De Soto and Lawrence.
The annual McLouth Rural School Reunion will take place Sunday, May 1, in the McLouth Community Center. The Community Center is on Union Street behind the library and will be open at 11:30 a.m. Please use the rear entrance. The meal will be served at 1 p.m. Everyone who attended a one-room schoolhouse is encouraged to attend and reminisce. Your families are welcome. Display your photos, scrapbooks and share your memories. Bring a Covered Dish to share, and table service for your family. Coffee and iced tea will be furnished. Further info: Bob and Alfreda Ryan (913) 796-6525.
• Thursday, May 5, is the National Day of Prayer. This annual observance encourages people of all faiths to pray for our nation.
• The Banquet for all McLouth alumni will be 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 7, at the McLouth school cafeteria and Purple (North) Gym. All graduating seniors, alumni and faculty (past and present) are welcome. Cost is $5 per person or $8 per couple. A main entree will be provided. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish. Classes of 1961, 1971, 1986, 2001 and 2011 will be recognized. There will also be a give-away and raffle items donated by local businesses. Contact Shauna McCowan, (785) 393-5420, or Heidi Karn Barker, (785) 979-5991 with questions.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or
More like this story
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges