Traffic on part of I-670 reduced to one lane
Kansas Department of Transportation workers have reduced traffic on eastbound Interstate 670 to one through lane only from the Interstate 70 split to Genessee Avenue for emergency repair work on a bridge.
KDOT spokeswoman Kim Qualls reported Tuesday afternoon that traffic on the I-670 bridge was already reduced to two open through lanes due to a repair project. However, workers discovered an issue in one of the open bridge lanes and closed the lane immediately to all traffic so that emergency repair work could be completed to correct the issue.
KDOT said drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes if possible. The bridge will be reduced to one open lane round the clock until the emergency repair work is completed.
Qualls said crews hoped to complete the emergency repair work only by late Wednesday, April 27, weather permitting.
More like this story
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas