Lansing graduate completes Navy basic training
Navy Hospitalman Jami O. Fadare, son of Dr. Samuel O. and Yvette H. Fadare of Lansing, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Fadare completed a variety of training, which included classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness.
Fadare is a 2005 graduate of Lansing High School of Lansing, Kan.
More like this story
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes