Fall practices begin Monday
The opening day of fall sports practice is Monday at Tonganoxie High and things get started early — even before the sun is up for one team.
The THS cross country team will have its annual opening day midnight practice at 12 a.m. The runners will meet on the east campus and convene there again for their next practice at 7 a.m. Tuesday.
The football team will practice twice on Monday — from 8-10 a.m. and from noon to 1:30 p.m. Players are to meet at the fieldhouse south of Beatty Field.
The boys soccer team will have morning and evening practices on the west campus soccer field. Practices will run from 10 a.m. to noon and from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Players are asked to bring cleats and running shoes.
Tonganoxie’s volleyball team will practice in the afternoon and evening on Monday. Practices will be from 3-5 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m. at the east campus gymnasium.
Students can’t participate at practice without a completed physical.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High golfers nab 6th place at regional event
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools