Jefferson County Historical Society will present "School Days" from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, in the Reynolds Store at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa. Featured this year will be pictures, stories and memorabilia from Jefferson County School Districts Nos. 26 through 75.
From the Winchester and Nortonville area schools, this would include: Hickory Point; Fairfield, Gamble/Possum Trot, Oak Grove and Thornburg.
Ozawkie and Fairview area schools would include: Buck/Pleasant Point, Blue Mound, Pleasant Hill, Ozawkie, Pleasant Valley, Ross, Lowry, Olive Branch, Kilgour or Nesbitt.
The Oskaloosa area schools would include: Oskaloosa, Leaverton, Plum Grove, Grayson, Lone Tree and Fairview.
Perry/Williamstown/Grantville area schools would include: Perry, Newman, Spurlock/Fairmount, Grantville, Williamstown, Buck Creek, Round Mound, Jones, Dick, Morgan/Prairie Creek, Clover Hill, Tibbot, Oak Grove, Chester, and Dean.
Valley Falls/Rock Creek area would include: North Cedar, Half Mound, Bolton, Joint (with Shawnee County), Woods/Woodville and Crescent Grove.
Leanne Chapman is organizing this show and requests help from the community with pictures, stories or school items they would be willing to share for the exhibit. Please call (785) 863-3257 and leave a message. She will get back to you.
• In addition to the "School Days" event Saturday, Norma Macomber, of Atchison, will be the featured artist at the John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home and Museum. Norma is an accomplished artist who has won numerous awards. She began painting in oils but now specializes in watercolors. She has shown at Old Jefferson Town on a number of occasions, worked with the relocation project of the John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home, and was a member of the Art Guild. Show time will be from 1 to 4 p.m.
• McLouth Friendship Club’s Covered Dish Luncheon will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday, at the Community Center. All adults 50 and older are welcome. Please bring food to share, and your table service.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Tonganoxie Public Library presenting Celtic performance at the Jewel on Main
- Tonganoxie restaurant's burger named one of top 11 in Kansas
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event