State chamber of commerce recognizes Rep. Connie O’Brien, R-Tonganoxie
The Kansas Chamber of Commerce has named Rep. Connie O’Brien, R-Tonganoxie, as a Pro-Jobs Legislator for the 2011 Legislative Session.
“We are proud to announce that Representative O’Brien has distinguished herself by supporting the tenets of free enterprise in order to move Kansas towards becoming the best state in America to live and work,” said Kansas Chamber President & CEO Kent Beisner. “We appreciate the hard work of Rep. O’Brien to grow jobs and the economy.”
Dave Murfin, Kansas Chamber chair of the board of directors and president and CEO of Murfin Drilling Co. in Wichita, also was appreciative of O’Brien’s work.
“The statewide business community relies on decision-makers in Topeka who understand the importance of a healthy business climate,” Murfin said.
More like this story
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely
- Kansas Senate plan would hinder university's bonding move
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Kansas House, Senate pass budget bill; no new funding for public schools
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant