Letter: Forget airport, Leavenworth County
To the editor:
I found it refreshing to see that the Leavenworth County Commission has done everything possible to help hold down the mill levy increase for 2012 by eliminating what it calls things too expensive to pay for.
I can only pray that includes any more thoughts for an airport in Leavenworth County that 90 percent of the Leavenworth County taxpayers don’t want or see as a necessary item to have. It’s not only the original cost of an airport to consider, but also the long-term cost of staffing and maintaining it.
John R. Foley
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action