Downed transmission line cited for power outage in Tonganoxie
Parts of Tonganoxie have been without power Friday afternoon.
According to Westar Energy's automated hotline, a downed transmission line was the culprit.
Parts of Tonganoxie were without power, such as the Northstar subdvision on the city's north side, and B&J Country Mart, which is on the east side of town.
An employee at B&J said that power came back on just before 4 p.m. The store was without power for about an hour and a half total. Power was out for about 50 minutes and then back on for 15 minutes before being out for another 40 minutes.
In downtown Tonganoxie, businesses on the north side of Fourth Street had power, while some on the south side did not.
The Leavenworth County Fairgrounds, where the Leavenworth County Fair is taking place on the west side of the city, did not experience an outage.
According to Westar Energy, power was to be restored by 4 a.m. Saturday.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- KanCare providers lose millions for 2nd straight year