Resident asking for volunteers to help represent Tonganoxie at Kansas parade
The Kansas Sesquicentennial Parade is Oct. 8 in Wichita and local organizers are working to have Tonganoxie representation.
Representatives of each Kansas community are encouraged to dress in a certain theme to symbolize the community in some way.
Tonganoxie resident Keyta Kelly is working to gauge interest and see whether anyone would be interested in helping represent Tonganoxie in the Wichita parade.
The parade is scheduled to wind through downtown Wichita. The Old Cowtown Museum will have festivities as well that day.
For more information, contact Kelly at (913) 845-8780.
More like this story
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Tonganoxie volleyball falls in heartbreaker to Eudora
- Pumpkin weighing it at 1,034 pounds sets new Kansas record