Westar to establish mobile offers to provide assistance to customers
Westar Energy customer advisers are setting up mobile offices in cities throughout the company's service territory over the upcoming weeks to provide one-on-one assistance to customers.
Westar will establish a mobile office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 17 at the South Park Recreation Center, 246 Shadyside St., Bonner Springs. With the prolonged heat wave, electricity use has been high, which drives electric bills up.
"With summer heat and the economy still suffering, we realize customers are dealing with tight budgets," said Peggy Ricketts, vice president of customer care for Westar. "Our customer advisers specialize in assisting customers under financial distress. Advisers offer budget advice and energy-saving tips, help customers understand payment options and work closely with social service agencies that assist individuals and families in need."
More like this story
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Judge throws out Kansas man's murder conviction
- Tonganoxie High, McLouth open spring sports seasons
- 2015 McLouth High spring sports schedules