Westar to establish mobile offers to provide assistance to customers
Westar Energy customer advisers are setting up mobile offices in cities throughout the company's service territory over the upcoming weeks to provide one-on-one assistance to customers.
Westar will establish a mobile office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 17 at the South Park Recreation Center, 246 Shadyside St., Bonner Springs. With the prolonged heat wave, electricity use has been high, which drives electric bills up.
"With summer heat and the economy still suffering, we realize customers are dealing with tight budgets," said Peggy Ricketts, vice president of customer care for Westar. "Our customer advisers specialize in assisting customers under financial distress. Advisers offer budget advice and energy-saving tips, help customers understand payment options and work closely with social service agencies that assist individuals and families in need."
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?