Heavy rains cause road closures in northesast Kansas
Road in Lansing closed
Here are updates on road closures in northeast Kansas, including one in Lansing, as of late Monday morning:
• Kansas Highway 5 in Leavenworth County is now closed from Eisenhower Road to Mary Street in Lansing because of high waters from the Missouri River on both lanes of the road as of 11:09 a.m. Monday, Aug. 22.
• Kansas Highway 7 in Doniphan County is still closed from Iowa Point to the Nebraska/Kansas state line because of high waters from the Missouri River on the road. K-7 originally closed to all traffic at 8:15 a.m. May 31.
• U.S. Highway 59 in Atchison County is still closed over the Amelia Earhart Bridge to the junction of U.S. 45 in Buchanan County, Mo., caused by flooding on the Missouri side of U.S. 59, as of 9:45 p.m. June 27. The only other river crossings available until further notice are at U.S. 36 in St. Joseph, Mo., and the Centennial Bridge/K-92 in Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Wichita State reviving master's degree in physics
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down block grant school funding law