Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
Today I’d like to pass on this little jewel, floating around on the Internet.
This fellow passes on his thoughts as he looks at a worn old shed he’d so often passed right on by. It is propped up on its “leaning” side, by a long strong prop. Today his thoughts:
“I’ve withstood a lot of life’s storms. I’ve withstood a lot of bad weather in life. I’ve withstood a lot of hard times, and I’m still standing, too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop me up on my leaning side. I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times.
“Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, sometimes toward bitterness and sometimes we lean toward hatred, toward cussing, toward a lot of things that we shouldn’t. So we need to pray, ‘Lord prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight again, to glorify the Lord.’”
Don’t we all agree?
We, too, need to stop and enjoy all of God’s wonderful gifts everywhere all around us, Just dump all of those worries, stop the mad rush, sit on that bench, walk down that peaceful path. Watch those tree branches dancing in the wind, oh so very much.
Correction: Don’t use that watering can you used with the white vinegar for that grass in the sidewalk cracks, for again watering your flowers, without a thorough cleaning, of course.
Bye now and God bless you.
— Aunt Norie, P.O. Box 265, Tonganoxie, 66086; email@example.com
More like this story
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Tonganoxie VFW celebrates winning essays from Tonganoxie students
- Tonganoxie High Science Club, FCCLA join forces to offer first Science Camp
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Outstanding Leavenworth County 4-H member named last month