Republican town hall meeting Monday in Lansing
The Leavenworth County Republican Party will play host to a town hall meeting from 7-9 p.m. Monday at the Lansing Community Center, 800 First Terr., Lansing.
Guest speakers will be Owen Donohoe and Cheryl Reynolds. Donohoe, state representative from the 39th District, will discuss the status of education in Kansas.
Reynolds is chairperson for the 2nd Congressional District. She will provide a recap of the recent State GOP meeting that took place Aug. 13 in Wichita.
State representatives Jana Goodman of the 41st District and Connie O'Brien of the 42nd District should be in attendance as well.
All are welcome to attend the town hall meetings, which are designed to serve as a forum to bring in guest speakers to discuss key topics, to inform and to educate voters on the issues. It also allows voters an opportunity to speak with their elected officials. There also will be food items with tea and coffee for those who arrive early.
For more information, contact John Bradford, JBradford@kc.rr.com, (913) 683-0871
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youths gearing up for 'Midsummer Night's Dream' productions Friday and Saturday
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member