Stranger Township Fire Department receives grant
The Stranger Township Fire Department has received state approval for a federal Volunteer Fire Assistance Grant this year totaling $2,090.
The grant money is part of funds totaling $297,800 statewide through the Federal Cooperative Forestry Assistance Act. The local fire department will use the funding to train and supply the fire department to prevent and suppress fires in rural communities. The department also will use the grant to purchase wild land firefighting gear that will provide thermal protection while minimizing the potential dangers of heat stress. Grants such as these have ensured the Stranger Township volunteers have structural firefighting and lightweight wild land gear.
More like this story
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- Painting the town red, white and blue