Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls
• Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 4:33 p.m. Aug. 17, 7:50 p.m. Aug. 19, 10:36 a.m. Aug. 20, 7:12 a.m., 9:59 a.m., 10:03 a.m., 11:01 a.m., 11:10 a.m. and 11:09 p.m. Aug. 21, 7:18 a.m. Aug. 22, 7:38 p.m. Aug. 23, 7:02 a.m., 10:58 a.m. and 10:35 p.m. Friday, 8:50 a.m. Saturday and 10 p.m. Sunday.
• At 8:24 p.m. Aug. 15, firefighters responded to a vehicle fire in the 200 block of Delaware.
• At 8:14 a.m. Aug. 19, firefighters responded to a tree in the road in the 800 block of Delaware.
• Firefighters responded at 2:16 a.m. Aug. 20 to an unknown type of fire in the 1200 block of Raintree. Nothing was found upon arrival.
• At 7:03 a.m. Aug. 21, firefighters responded to an injury accident at VFW Park and Tonganoxie Drive.
• At 9:22 p.m. Friday, firefighters responded to a possible chemical spill in the 1700 block of Commerce Drive. No hazard was found during the investigation.
• Firefighters responded at 3:44 a.m. Saturday to Tonganoxie Nursing Center for a fire. The ice machine had caught fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire. Fans were used to remove smoke from the building before residents were allowed back in their rooms.
• Firefighters responded at 10:02 a.m. Sunday to a fire alarm in the 100 block of Smiley Rd. Burnt food on the stove set off smoke detectors, no hazards were found.