Blood drive in Leavenworth set for Dec. 13
Community Blood Center will have a blood drive next week in Leavenworth.
The drive will be 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, at First United Methodist Church, 422 Chestnut St. in Leavenworth, in the fellowship hall.
Each registered donor at the drive will receive a commemorative holiday ornament. Donors can make appointments online at esavealifenow.org and enter the sponsor code “leavenworthcomm” in the online form. Donors can also call Maryann McAfee at (913) 651-2484 to register.
Community Blood Center supplies blood to local hospitals for transfusions, and it must collect at least 580 pints each day to meet patients' needs. One blood donation can help as many as two patients.
More like this story
- Kansas school aid debate raises tough issues for lawmakers
- Kansas student says flying Confederate flag not meant to be racist
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold
- Kansas Supreme Court to see how new school funding stacks up