Blood drive in Leavenworth set for Dec. 13
Community Blood Center will have a blood drive next week in Leavenworth.
The drive will be 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, at First United Methodist Church, 422 Chestnut St. in Leavenworth, in the fellowship hall.
Each registered donor at the drive will receive a commemorative holiday ornament. Donors can make appointments online at esavealifenow.org and enter the sponsor code “leavenworthcomm” in the online form. Donors can also call Maryann McAfee at (913) 651-2484 to register.
Community Blood Center supplies blood to local hospitals for transfusions, and it must collect at least 580 pints each day to meet patients' needs. One blood donation can help as many as two patients.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown