Screening of film about endurance race to include forum with top local runners
The Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run is the oldest and most prestigious 100-mile race in the world, and a documentary film about the 2010 race — Unbreakable: The Western States 100 — is coming to DVD on Dec. 20.
The Lawrence Trail Hawks are bringing an advanced screening of the film to Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14, at The Screenland Armour, 408 Armour Rd., in North Kansas City, Mo. Tickets for the showing cost $12, and a panel of Kansas City area runners who have finished the Western States 100 will be on hand for a question and answer session following the film. A few of the panel members include Coleen Voeks of Kansas City, Kan., Rick Mayo of Kearney, Mo., and Danny Miller of Prairie Village.
For more information, go online to facebook.com/trailhawks or the official film website ws100film.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Elementary School honor roll, 2015-16 first and second semesters
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go