Habitat for Humanity seeks home applicants
Heartland Habitat for Humanity will have in informational meeting Saturday, Dec. 10, for those interested in partnering will the organization for an affordable home in Johnson, Wyandotte or Leavenworth counties.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a need for housing, have a willingness to partner with Heartland Habitat by attending homeowner classes and volunteering on-site, and have the ability to make affordable mortgage payments. In addition, applicants must meet certain income guidelines.
Monthly mortgage payments range from $375-$525 a month, including taxes and insurance. Potential homeowners must complete all program requirements, including 350 hours of "sweat equity."
The informational meeting will take place 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday at University United Methodist Church, 3148 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan. Interested individuals who are unable to make the meeting may schedule a time to meet with Heartland Habitat's Family Services team by calling (913) 342-3047. For more information, visit www.heartlandhabitat.org.
More like this story
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Rank and file: Tonganoxie High wrestling takes 4th behind state powers at Baldwin
- Monday morning sports roundup: THS wrestlers second at Baldwin; basketball splits games; MHS does well at home invite
- Pleasant day for a run for Tonganoxie cross country team