Jarbalo United Methodist Women had their annual Christmas dinner at noon Friday. After eating, a short meeting took place. The Rev. Larry Grove had the program and had a quiz, “Do You Want to have Fun?,” with questions about things pertaining to Christmas.
Everyone received a gift from Marilyn Oxley, president. Those enjoying the day were members Rosie Oelschlaeger, Faye Cleavinger, Christine Black, Frances Jeannin, Marilyn Oxley, Thamar Barnett, Grove and guests, Joe and Bobbie Immell, Ron Joles and Marjorie Zachariah.
The Gateway Club of Leavenworth entertained with its bell choir at Jarbalo United Methodist Church on Sunday afternoon. A barbershop quartet from the Cody Choraliers also performed. Santa Claus made a visit and presented gifts to everyone. Refreshments of cookies and punch were served.
Sydney Turner spent Saturday and Sunday with her grandparents David and Jane Turner. Sunday afternoon they went to the meeting of the Santa Fe Trail Leather Artists Guild in Centropolis.
There will be a candlelight service at 7 p.m. Christmas Eve at Jarbalo United Methodist Church.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- McLouth High baseketball teams' seasons end at sub-state
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event