The McLouth Church of the Nazarene Children's Christmas Program will be presented at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 18.
• First Baptist Church of McLouth will celebrate Christ’s birth with music Sunday. The Choir Cantata will be presented during the 10:45 a.m. worship service. The Children's Program begins at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• McLouth Friendship Club’s Covered Dish Luncheon will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Community Center. A contribution of canned food items for a local food pantry will be appreciated. All adults 50 and older are welcome. Meat will be provided. Please bring a covered dish, and your table service.
• Christmas can be a lonely time for some of us. At 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 21, McLouth United Methodist Church will offer a “Blue Christmas” service for those who will be missing someone special at Christmas. Broken relationships, insecurity due to unemployment, illness, isolation, the loss of a child, the loneliness of no longer having a beloved spouse to share each day, the loss of a dear family pet — all these can contribute to the feelings of loneliness and “being blue” in the midst of the society around us, which is geared toward festivities and joyful celebrations around the holiday season. We need to know that we are not alone. Join in sharing and hearing prayers, music and scripture acknowledging God’s presence, reassuring us that God’s Word is for those who mourn and struggle; and that His word can shine light into our darkness. This brief service is open to everyone. Please accept this invitation as a time to move from feeling “blue” to experiencing the wonder and hope of Christmas.
• McLouth Public Library offers two free "Winter Break Activities" for children: Make Free Holiday Crafts at Kids’ Craft Day from 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 22; And have free popcorn and a drink while enjoying the movie "The Search For Santa Paws" at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 29.
Questions? Please call: (913) 796-2225.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Carissa Welsh
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens