BLHS named 2012 national blue ribbon school
Basehor-Linwood High School is one of five Kansas schools nominated by Kansas Education Commissioner Diane DeBacker for the 2012 National Blue Ribbon Schools Award Program, DeBacker announced Wednesday morning.
BLHS was one of three schools nominated after students scored in the top 15 percent of the state on reading and math assessments. Also nominated in that category were Blue Valley High School in Stilwell and Goddard High School.
Two other schools, Garden City High School and Marshall Elementary School of Eureka, were nominated for improvements on state assessments while having at least 40 percent of their students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
More like this story
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park
- Kansas House rejects calling for new constitutional convention
- Current, retired educators from Tonganoxie square off in general election
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season