State prison official speaking at county GOP town hall
The Leavenworth County Republican Party will play host to a town hall meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Jan. 2, at the Lansing Community Center, 800 First Terrace, Lansing.
The guest speaker at the meeting will be Ray Roberts, secretary of the Kansas Department of Corrections. His agency is charged with the supervision of nearly 9,000 inmates and 10 correctional facilities. It also oversees about 6,000 people on parole.
State Rep. Connie O'Brien of the 42nd District and State Rep. Jana Goodman of the 41st District should also be in attendance for visitors to meet.
The Leavenworth County Republicans' town hall meetings are open to all. They serve as a forum to bring in guest speakers to discuss key topics, to inform and to educate voters on the issues. They also allow voters an opportunity to speak with their elected officials in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Refreshments, tea and coffee will be available for attendees who arrive early.
For additional information, contact John Bradford at JBradford@kc.rr.com or (913) 683-0871.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial organizers seek volunteers; meeting set for Tuesday
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Volunteers to fire up engines on historic bomber 'Doc'