Tonganoxie High graduate completes basic training
A Tonganoxie High School graduate has completed U.S. Army basic combat training.
Army Pvt. Jordan M. Briones graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values and physical fitness, and he received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, the military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches and field training exercises.
Briones is the son of Jacinto Briones, Kansas City, Kan.
He is a 2010 graduate of Tonganoxie High School.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction