Tonganoxie High graduate completes basic training
A Tonganoxie High School graduate has completed U.S. Army basic combat training.
Army Pvt. Jordan M. Briones graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values and physical fitness, and he received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, the military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches and field training exercises.
Briones is the son of Jacinto Briones, Kansas City, Kan.
He is a 2010 graduate of Tonganoxie High School.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books