Tonganoxie, Genesis Christian Academy cancel Thursday classes
For the third consecutive day, there will be no classes in Tonganoxie.
Superintendent Kyle Hayden said Wednesday afternoon that classes would not take place Thursday.
He said low temperatures, as well as clearing the district's parking lots and sidewalks likely not being finished by morning, were contributing factors to the decision. Some rural roads also aren't in good shape in the aftermath of Tuesday's snowstorm.
Tonganoxie exhausted its built-in allotted number of inclement weather days with Wednesday's closure. Hayden said the district would be looking at how to make up tomorrow's snow day in the next couple weeks.
Genesis Christian Academy's cancellation of classes always follows suit with the school district.
More like this story
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties