Bridge project will close 142nd Street beginning next week
A bridge replacement project over Interstate 70 at the Wyandotte/Leavenworth county lines will begin next week, leaving one area road closed for several months.
Weather permitting, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 16, work will begin on the 142nd Street bridge spanning I-70/Kansas Turnpike, according to the Kansas Department of Transportation. Northbound and southbound 142nd Street will be closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue and will remain closed throughout the duration of the project.
Traffic impacts on this project will include possible daily lane closures (between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.) on eastbound and westbound I-70/Kansas Turnpike and the closure of the right shoulder in both directions of I-70/Kansas Turnpike at 142nd Street. No marked detours will be provided. Drivers should expect delays and allow extra time for their daily commutes.
Updated daily lane closure information for this bridge replacement project can be viewed online at: ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
Comanche Construction Co., Inc. is the primary contractor on this $1.96 million bridge replacement project. The scheduled completion date for this bridge project is late fall 2011.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Brownback to take action on bill regulating Uber drivers
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway