Neighbor: Carolyn Day
Occupation: accompanist for vocal music.
Family: Two daughters, Kathie Riddle and Karen Stockman; and four grandchildren (almost five, as one is getting married next month).
Place of birth: Kansas City, Kan.
Q: When did you move to the area, and what brought you here?
My family moved to Tonganoxie in 1978, but I have always lived in the general area, growing up in Kansas City, Kan. The reason we came was to have a better school district for our children to attend. It must have worked because both of them are still here employed in USD 464, teaching in first and third grades.
Q: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
The biggest risk I’ve ever taken was to retire early from Southwestern Bell.
Q: What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
You can’t please all of the people all of the time, but if you do the right thing, you will please the right people.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
I love and am proud of my family, as well as my faith, and I love my job.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a wife and mother when I grew up.
Q: What's your ideal vacation spot?
My ideal vacation spot would have to be Hawaii.
Song: “Memory” from “Cats”
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas again faces possible loss of all federal arts funding
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas City International Airport expansion plan gets new look from architects
- Kansas battles pay-related turnover among prison staff