Tonganoxie man faces 8 charges of sexual abuse
Leavenworth County prosecutors have filed eight charges against a 64-year-old Tonganoxie man who is accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl during a two-year period ending earlier in February.
Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said the defendant appeared in court Friday.
Prosecutors have filed two counts of child rape, one from February of this year and another from February of 2009. The man also faces two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child and four counts of aggravated criminal sodomy with a child younger than 14.
The Mirror generally does not identify sex crime suspects unless they are convicted. Thompson said the defendant is next due in Leavenworth County District Court on March 18.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Tonganoxie girls take Turner
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Tonganoxie girls fall to Lansing depsite 20 points from Lee
- Tonganoxie High softball dominance continues as team moves to 10-0; THS baseball to host regional