The McLouth Friendship Club (for folks 50 and older) met Dec. 20 with Alfreda Ryan as hostess. A Christmas theme was carried out with table decorations. More than 20 members and four guests were present. Instead of a gift exchange, everyone brought non-perishable items for the community food pantry at the First Baptist Church. A large amount of food was collected and donated.
• Christmas Eve dinner guests of Bob and Alfreda Ryan were their daughters and family: Susan and her husband of Ozawkie; her daughter, Sascha; son-in-law, Mark; and their daughters, Sophia and Mia, of Effingham; Shanna and Justin and children Jacie and Scottie of Lawrence; and Anah and her daughters, Sarajo and Megan; son-in-law, Jeremy; and her daughter-in-law Bridget, and her children, Lauren and Brent, all of Leavenworth.
• Viola Edmonds spent the Christmas holiday in Mayetta with her daughter, Linda, and husband, Mike Love, and their two children, Jennifer, Topeka, and Matthew, Kansas City.
More like this story
- Leaders of the pack for Tonganoxie cross country
- Tonganoxie High standout Cook to run cross country, track at Baker University
- Tonganoxie Middle School cross country opens season
- Tonganoxie High volleyball 5th at Rossville Invitational
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade