Teens injured in early morning accident
Six Tonganoxie teenagers were injured in a one-vehicle accident northwest of Tonganoxie this past week.
About 2:25 a.m. Dec. 27, Olivia Hollingsworth, 15, was driving a 2000 Dodge Durango east on Kissinger Road, about a half-mile east of 235th Street, when she lost control of the vehicle, left the road and hit several trees, according to a report from the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office.
Hollingsworth and five passengers were sent to area hospitals with minor injuries, according to the report. Hollingsworth, along with Marisa Bennett, 15, and Taylor Bennett, 17, were taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center. A hospital representative at Overland Park Regional could not be reached for a report on their conditions.
Hanna Kistner, 14, Heather Jacobs, 14, and Mitchell Knight, 16, were taken to Kansas University Hospital. A hospital spokesman said the hospital had no records of Kistner or Jacobs as patients there, but Knight was discharged on Dec. 28.
Hollingsworth was cited for a violation of restrictions on her driver's license and basic speed violations in the incident.
All six people in the vehicle said they were wearing their seat belts at the time of the accident, according to the report.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Government organization adopts out 13 horses, burros at Tonganoxie event
- Kansas House passes amendment protecting hunting, fishing rights
- Zika virus confirmed in Kansas, officials say; now more than 200 cases nationwide