Hospitality industry orientation event is Jan. 13 in Leavenworth
An orientation for individuals interested in careers in the hospitality industry will start at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 13 at the Kansas City Kansas Community College Leavenworth Center, 225 Cherokee in downtown Leavenworth.
The orientation will provide an overview of the college’s Hospitality Education And Retail Training program, which is of no cost to participants.
In addition to learning about the hospitality program scheduled to begin in February at the Leavenworth Center, students will have the opportunity to meet current industry professionals and learn of future employment opportunities in the growing hospitality industry in the area. Successful completion of the program can lead to certification from the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute.
The program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor so there is no cost to students. However, pre-enrollment is required by calling 913-288-7660 or by enrolling online at www.kckcc.edu.
More like this story
- Few original Brownback cabinet secretaries remain
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Kansas GOP lawmakers cite rising frustration, anger with Brownback
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years