Turnpike bridge on County Road 2 to close later this month
Drivers can expect the bridge on County Road 2, or 158th Street, over the Kansas Turnpike south of Basehor to close the week of Jan. 17 for a Kansas Turnpike Authority replacement project.
Construction will start on Jan. 17 or a few days afterward, said KTA engineer Shannon Moore. He said the project is scheduled to be complete by Sept. 9.
The best alternate route option for most drivers would probably be to travel east to Kansas Highway 7, said Leavenworth County public works director Mike Spickelmier.
More like this story
- Second-half collapse hurts Tonganoxie High boys
- Chieftains nab 1st victory in overtime fashion, place 4th at home invite
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas is 5th state where lottery prizes may have been fixed
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0