Home engulfed by flames northwest of Linwood
Flames fully enveloped a house in Leavenworth County northwest of Linwood Tuesday in a fire that occurred while the residents were away from home.
The residence was on Cantrell Road, between Interstate 70 and Kansas Highway 32 in rural Leavenworth County.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's officials at the scene at about 1:30 p.m. said that firefighters from the Sherman and Reno township fire departments had the fire under control, but they had not yet been able to determine the extent of the damage or the cause.
A visible portion of the house had collapsed, with a brick chimney still standing. The rest was obscured by smoke.
More information was not yet available at press time.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Remember When: A Community Review for Jan. 31, 2018
- Tonganoxie community shows support for family of fallen soldier
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Piper boys end Tonganoxie's season at PHS