It’s back to school in Tonganoxie, McLouth
A three-day, weather-related break from classes is over for students and teachers in Tonganoxie and McLouth public schools, as well as Tongaoxie's Genesis Christian Academy.
Barring a last-minute change of heart from district officials, classes in the schools will go forward as normal Thursday. School had been canceled Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after the winter's first major snowstorm dumped more than a half a foot of snow on the area and temperatures plummeted well below freezing.
Schools also were reopening Thursday for the first time this week in Basehor-Linwood, Lansing and Leavenworth.
The forecast for Thursday calls for a high in the low 20s. No precipitation is in the forecast.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie hears renovation plans, timetable for new City Hall, police station
- Work on new Tonganoxie City Hall starting on Fourth Street
- Ribbon cutting highlights new Tonganoxie Police Station
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- Tonganoxie's new police station coming together