It’s back to school in Tonganoxie, McLouth
A three-day, weather-related break from classes is over for students and teachers in Tonganoxie and McLouth public schools, as well as Tongaoxie's Genesis Christian Academy.
Barring a last-minute change of heart from district officials, classes in the schools will go forward as normal Thursday. School had been canceled Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after the winter's first major snowstorm dumped more than a half a foot of snow on the area and temperatures plummeted well below freezing.
Schools also were reopening Thursday for the first time this week in Basehor-Linwood, Lansing and Leavenworth.
The forecast for Thursday calls for a high in the low 20s. No precipitation is in the forecast.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13