Dailey’s big night keys McLouth road win
Led by a huge night for junior guard Shawn Dailey, the McLouth High boys basketball team won its third straight game on Friday.
Dailey hit 12 shots (including three 3-pointers) on his way to a Bulldogs season-high 28 points, leading MHS to a 67-61 win at Doniphan West, in Highland.
McLouth (5-3) had a three-point lead at halftime but extended it to 10 entering the fourth and held off DWHS in a high-scoring fourth quarter, during which the home team outscored the Bulldogs, 27-23.
Junior forward Gavin Swearngin scored 13 for McLouth and junior forward Alen Kramer put up 11 points. Sophomore guard Marc Walbridge added nine points.
The Bulldogs look to extend their three-game winning streak at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, when they play host to Valley Falls in the first round of the McLouth Invitational.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom