Superintendent offered extension through next year
The Tonganoxie USD 464 Board of Education voted, 7-0, to extend Superintendent Kyle Hayden’s contract through the 2011-12 school year.
The decision came Thursday at a school board meeting delayed three days because of this past week’s snow and frigid temperatures.
Board member Kay Smith praised Hayden after the vote, saying he would be an asset in challenges ahead.
“I feel you have a great grip on it,” she said. “I feel like as a team we can come up with solutions.”
With the vote to extend the contract, the district and Hayden will now negotiate his compensation package.
“I certainly appreciate the comments by Kay and the unanimous vote of support given the number of things we’re dealing with like enrollment and facilities challenges and doing more with less,” Hayden said. “They’ve been a good group to work with.”
Hayden’s 2010-2011 salary is $106,250. He also receives compensation toward his family insurance and $75 per month cell phone allowance.
More like this story
- Weseman's contract extended another year
- Tonganoxie school board approves Weseman as superintendent for second year
- McMillon honored for school board service; board approves asphalt and insurance bids, hires
- Longtime Lawrence educator selected for Tonganoxie interim superintendent post
- Board intends not to offer Erickson extension