Tonganoxie Invitational: Monday recap
Chanute 53, Eudora 43
Mackenzey Sutcliffe’s 17 points and 10 rebounds led Chanute as the Blue Comets moved on to the semifinal round. Darian Rublow had 10 points for CHS.
Valerie Pringle scored 13 for Eudora in a losing effort and teammate Victoria Lehmann finished with 12.
Silver Lake 65, Atchison 33
With 21 points and seven boards, Mackenzie Freeman helped Silver Lake move on to the semifinals.
Madison Martin scored 11 points and was the only Atchison player to finish in double figures.
Silver Lake and Chanute will meet in a 3 p.m. Friday semifinal.
Eudora will face Atchison at 3 p.m. on Thursday on the consolation side of the bracket.
Holton 59, Blue Valley Southwest 40
With four players in double figures, Holton cruised to the second round of the invitational and remained undefeated.
Bryce Barnett led the Wildcats (9-0) with 17 points, Forrestal Hickman put up 13 and grabbed 14 boards, and Tyler Burdick and Jordan Callison scored 10 apiece.
Anthony Miller’s 15 points led Blue Valley Southwest.
Lansing 53, Eudora 43
Izaiah Grice scored a game-high 19 points for Lansing and Calvin Schneider added 14 as the Lions sent Eudora to the consolation bracket.
Jordan Ballock scored 16 points to lead Eudora and Andrew Ballock had 13.
Lansing will meet Holton in a 4:30 p.m. semifinal on Friday.
Eudora will take on Blue Valley Southwest at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday in the consolation semis.
More like this story
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Tonganoxie man charged with capital murder in KCK detective's death
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling
- Kansas authorities consider stiffer charges for couple of missing child possibly fed to pigs