Town hall meeting is Thursday in Leavenworth
The Leavenworth County Republican Party will play host to a town hall meeting from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday. The meeting will take place at the High Noon Saloon in its Great Western Room, 206 Choctaw, Leavenworth.
Featured speakers will be Earl Glynn, director of Kansas Watchdog and researcher with Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity. Before joining the Franklin Center in 2009, he blogged for five years as the Kansas Meadowlark mostly about topics involving Kansas government accountability, transparency, political money, government ethics and non-profits. Several of local state representatives and other elected officials will be in attendance.
Meetings are open to all. The town hall meetings serve as a forum to bring in guest speakers to discuss key topics, to inform and to educate voters on the issues. It also allows voters an opportunity to speak with their elected officials in a very relaxed and friendly environment. For additional information call Linda Scheer at (913) 682-0422 or email JBradford@kc.rr.com. The party’s website is: www.LvnCountyGOP.com.
More like this story
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: Taking a tour up North
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween