Loss puts McLouth in 7th-place game
The McLouth High boys basketball team will play in the seventh-place game at its home tournament after losing 55-48 to Maranatha Academy Friday.
The Bulldogs got off to a promising start in a McLouth Invitational consolation semifinal and led 20-8 after the first quarter. However, during the second and third quarters, Maranatha outscored MHS 33-17 and the home team couldn’t cut into Maranatha’s lead in the fourth.
Shawn Dailey hit three 3-pointers and scored 10 points for McLouth (5-5). Carter Gish, who also scored 10, was the only other Bulldog in double figures.
At 4 p.m. Saturday, in the Purple Gym, MHS will play Oskaloosa, a team it defeated by 23 points earlier this month, for seventh place.
Jefferson County North 70, Oskaloosa 49
Bishop Seabury 61, Jeff West 53
Maranatha Academy 55, McLouth 48
Atchison County 60, Valley Falls 44
5th place: Maranatha Academy vs. Jefferson County North, 4 p.m.
7th place: McLouth vs. Oskaloosa, 4 p.m., Purple Gym
3rd place: Valley Falls vs. Jeff West, 5:30 p.m.
Championship: Atchison County vs. Bishop Seabury, 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie volleyball lands on all-LJW team
- Big second-half rally falls short for Tonganoxie High girls
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville