McLouth boys 8th at home tournament
With a third straight loss at its home tournament on Saturday, the McLouth High boys basketball team settled for eighth place.
The Bulldogs lost, 61-59, to Oskaloosa in the seventh-place game of the McLouth Invitational.
MHS (5-6) rallied late, outscoring OHS 21-14 in the fourth quarter, but couldn’t get over the hump.
Shawn Dailey led McLouth with 17 points and Carter Gish scored 12. Marc Walbridge had nine points and Dakota Cop chipped in eight.
The Bulldogs will try to snap their three–game losing streak at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, when they play host to Maranatha Academy, a team that defeated MHS on Friday at the invitational.
7th place: Oskaloosa 61, McLouth 59
5th place: Jefferson County North 60, Maranatha Academy 56
3rd place: Valley Falls 63, Jeff West 58
Championship: Atchison County 58, Bishop Seabury 35
More like this story
- Tonganoxie restaurant's burger named one of top 11 in Kansas
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday