McLouth school board hires Hiawatha administrator to be next superintendent
The McLouth school district has hired a Hiawatha administrator to be its next superintendent.
The board approved the hire of Steven Splichal, who is assistant superintendent in the Hiawatha school district.
McLouth board clerk Lorie Patterson said Splichal is to begin his post in McLouth on July 1, but salary and benefit particulars were not yet available. She said she anticipated having that information next week.
Splichal was one of three finalists to interview for the position this past week. Patrons had a chance to meet each of the finalists during receptions that took place the day each candidate interviewed with the board. Other finalists were Christopher Korb, principal at Tecumseh North Elementary School in the Shawnee Heights school district, and Brian Pekarek, schools superintendent at Clifton-Clyde.
Splichal will replace Jean Rush, whose contract McLouth board members voted not to renew in October. Her contract ends at the end of the academic year. This past week she was hired as the new schools superintendent at Holcomb. Rush became McLouth superintendent in 1999.
More like this story
- Special delivery for Tonganoxie firefighters
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- THS softball gets back in win column
- Monday morning sports roundup: THS wrestlers second at Baldwin; basketball splits games; MHS does well at home invite
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday