Visit the Jefferson County Historical Society "Christmas in July" Craft Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, at Old Town in Oskaloosa. Former Jefferson County resident and art teacher Jan Spade will be the featured artist at the John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home and Museum from 1-4 p.m. Spade specializes in fine jewelry making. Her show will include watercolors, charcoal, sculpture, silk screen and jewelry.
• Also featured at Old Town this weekend will be an exhibition of various Christmas collections from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and 1:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Reynolds Store.
• Please note this important date change for the McLouth Threshing Bee. Rather than the traditional first weekend in August, in hopes of cooler weather temperatures, the Threshing Bee and Steam Engine Show will take place Sept. 16-18, 2011.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- New proposal would cut Kansas school districts by half
- Kansas lawmaker seeks end of privatized foster care system
- School board meeting moved; Bothwell named VP; former city maintenance shop drawing interest from potential buyers
- Kansas battles pay-related turnover among prison staff