Sporting KC acquires Cyrus from Trinidad and Tobago
Sporting Kansas City made another big player acquisition Saturday when it welcomed Trinidad and Tobago National Team defender Daneil Cyrus to the club.
At 6-foot-3, the 20-year-old Cyrus will add size to the club's back line.
"Daneil is a young player that we have had our eye on for a while and we're glad to now have him join our club," Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. "He brings a new dimension to our defensive depth with his size and athleticism and we think he has a bright future ahead of him."
He comes to Kansas City from FC Santa Rosa, whom he joined in March 2010 before being loaned to Caledonia AIA of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League for the last two seasons.
More like this story
- Tough starts for Tonganoxie, McLouth basketball teams
- Tonganoxie wrestlers place second at home dual tournament
- Monday morning sports roundup: THS wrestlers second at Baldwin; basketball splits games; MHS does well at home invite
- Recent record falls as Tonganoxie High girls breeze past Bishop Ward
- Home showing for Tonganoxie wrestlers