Fire starts with hay baler, spreads to round bales
Tonganoxie Township firefighters battled a fire Thursday afternoon that started with a hay baler and spread to three round bales south of Tonganoxie.
Fire Chief Tim Smith said his department responded about 3:45 p.m. to the fire, which happened in a field on the west side of U.S. Highway 24-40 about a half-mile south of Tonganoxie.
The cause of the fire possibly was a bad bearing, Smith said. The baler was a total loss, he said.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie to have equestrian restrictions on sidewalks, trails
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Five killed in shooting spree that began at Kansas City home